It will be a clash between two exceptional defenses when the Duquesne Dukes (14-2, 4-0 A10) go head-to-head with the Fordham Rams (6-9, 0-3 A10) at PPG Paints Arena. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Fordham Rams vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Dukes were victorious over the George Washington Colonials, 66-61, while the Rams lost big to the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 64-44.
Duquesne played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.260 (above their season average of 0.248) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below their season average of 29.8). For those same stats, George Washington was 0.089 and 17.1, respectively. Fordham, on the other hand, held St. Bonaventure to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (below their season average of 31.7). Duquesne was led by Marcus Weathers, who had 13 points and 10 rebounds. Ivan Raut was a key piece for Fordham with 12 points.
The Dukes dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last matchup, Duquesne won 74-66. Duquesne’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Fordham. The Dukes had a rate of 0.315, while the Rams posted a mark of 0.118. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Duquesne currently ranks 280th in possessions per game (67.6) and Fordham is 329th (65.8). Furthermore, the Rams rank 340th in offensive efficiency (90.7), while the Dukes rank 43rd in defensive efficiency (90.8).
Fordham Rams at Duquesne Dukes ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Duquesne, ATS Winner – Fordham, O/U – Over
- Duquesne ranks sixth in blocks per game (6.4) while Fordham ranks 130th (2.9).
- The Dukes average 35.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 148th in the nation. The Rams rank 192nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Dukes average 23.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 80th in the NCAA. The Rams rank 158th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- Duquesne ranks 68th in steals per game (7.6) while Fordham ranks 130th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Dukes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 11.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 56.2 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (4.3 above their season average).