The Pittsburgh Panthers welcome the Florida State Seminoles to Petersen Events Center to start their seasons. The game will air on ESPNU at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Odds
Florida State went to the tournament last season following a 23-5 regular season campaign that earned them a four seed in the tournament. They reached the Sweet 16, where the Gonzaga Bulldogs defeated them. Pittsburgh, meanwhile, did not reach the tournament following a 13-18 regular season.
The Seminoles were 23-5 straight up (SU) last season, but were just 16-13-4 against the spread (ATS). A little over half of Florida State’s games finished over the projected point total.
The Panthers, on the other hand, were 13-18 SU and 15-12 ATS last season. Pittsburgh games had a tendency to finish under the O/U total (81.5 percent).
The physical Pittsburgh offense could be living from the foul line in this battle. The Panthers ranked 10th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.295, while Florida State ranked 273rd in FTA rate allowed (0.257) last season. Furthermore, the Seminoles could dominate on defense. They ranked 33rd in the nation with an effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.472, while the offense of the Panthers ranked 304th in effective field goal percentage (0.479).
Florida State vs. Pittsburgh Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Pittsburgh, ATS Winner – Pittsburgh, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Florida State averages 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. Pittsburgh ranks 241st in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- The Seminoles average 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 73rd in the NCAA. The Panthers rank 175th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Florida State ranks 180th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while Pittsburgh ranks 238th (20.6).
- The Seminoles rank ninth in assists allowed per game (10.0) while the Panthers rank 205th (13.9).
- Florida State ranks 63rd in rebounds per game (37.6) while Pittsburgh ranks 244th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).