The eighth-ranked Florida State Seminoles (22-4, 12-3 ACC) will be at PNC Arena to take on the North Carolina State Wolfpack (17-9, 8-7 ACC) in an ACC matchup. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and can be seen on ACC Network.
Florida State Seminoles vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Wolfpack won big over the sixth-ranked Duke Blue Devils 88-66, while the Seminoles were victorious over the Pittsburgh Panthers 82-67.
The Seminoles, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.9, had a fantastic mark of 53.1 and held the Panthers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.411 (below the 0.469 mark opponents have averaged against Florida State this season). The Wolfpack, on the other hand, knocked down 16 of their 21 free throws (76.2 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 14.8). North Carolina State was lifted by Markell Johnson, who finished with 28 points and nine rebounds. Patrick Williams, meanwhile played well for Florida State, recording 16 points and five rebounds.
The Seminoles won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 78-73. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Florida State’s biggest advantages. They made 30 trips to the line, while North Carolina State went 21 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Ball security could play a key role in this meeting. North Carolina State commits the 41st-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while the gambling defense of Florida State forces the 12th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.5 percent). Also, the Seminoles rank 29th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), while the Wolfpack rank 269th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.3 percent).
Florida State Seminoles at North Carolina State Wolfpack ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Over
- Florida State ranks 71st in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while North Carolina State ranks 233rd (37.1).
- The Seminoles rank 14th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while the Wolfpack rank 47th (10.9).
- North Carolina State averages 22.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 140th in the country. Florida State ranks 147th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6).
- The Seminoles rank 13th in steals per game (9.1) while the Wolfpack rank 124th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Florida State averages 5.6 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the country. North Carolina State ranks 116th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- During their last five games, the Seminoles have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (5.2 above their season average).
- The Wolfpack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 5.7 for the season.