The Florida State Seminoles (19-9, 8-8 ACC) will travel to Littlejohn Coliseum to take on the No. 18 Clemson Tigers (21-7, 10-6 ACC) in their home finale. Clemson is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 145.5 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers Odds Preview
The Seminoles lost big to the North Carolina State Wolfpack in their last contest, 92-72. With 16 points on 5-for-6 shooting, Trent Forrest was Florida State’s leading scorer. North Carolina State held the Seminoles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 34.7). Florida State, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (18-25; 72.0 percent).
The last time the Tigers played, they topped the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 75-67. Clemson received a boost from Gabe DeVoe, who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Clemson dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.511 (above their season average of 0.240) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.543 (above their season average of 0.533). Georgia Tech was 0.164 and 0.467, respectively, for those same stats.
This showdown pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Florida State currently ranks 39th in offensive efficiency and Clemson is 41st in defensive efficiency.
Of Florida State’s 26 games that accepted bets, 16 have finished over the O/U total, while 13 of Clemson’s 25 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (19-9 for Florida State; 21-7 for Clemson), but the Tigers hold a slight advantage against the spread (ATS). Clemson is 14-10-1 ATS, while the Seminoles are 13-11-2.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 160 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 146. The Seminoles won 81-79, but were unable to cover as 5-point favorites. The Seminoles played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 19.6 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8. The Tigers were 22.5 and 34.2, respectively, for those same stats. Terance Mann was a standout player in the game, putting up 13 points and eight rebounds.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Clemson, ATS Winner – Clemson, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 39th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Seminoles rank 98th (12.7).
- Florida State ranks 80th in steals per game (6.8) while Clemson ranks 91st in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Florida State is 7-6-1 ATS on the road with 8 overs and 6 unders.
- At home, Clemson is 9-3 ATS with 7 unders and 5 overs.
- Florida State ranks 37th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Clemson ranks 147th (35.6).
- The Seminoles average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 27th in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 129th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Clemson ranks 130th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while Florida State ranks 206th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- Clemson is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Florida State is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 8.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Seminoles have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (9.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.8 points per game (3.7 above their season average).