The 10th-ranked Florida State Seminoles (13-2, 3-1 ACC) head to Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum to meet the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (8-5, 1-2 ACC). The Seminoles will try to extend their six-game winning streak. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Florida State Seminoles at Wake Forest Demon Deacons ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Demon Deacons defeated the Pittsburgh Panthers 69-65, while the Seminoles beat the seventh-ranked Louisville Cardinals 78-65.
The Seminoles, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.525, had a fantastic mark of 0.647, while the Cardinals had a turnover percentage of 19.0 (above their season average of 15.8). The Demon Deacons, on the other hand, made 18 of their 25 free throws (72.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.567 (above their season average of 0.475). Wake Forest was lifted by Ismael Massoud, who finished with 14 points. M.J. Walker, meanwhile was a key piece for Florida State with 23 points.
The Seminoles dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Florida State won 65-57. Florida State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.482 vs. 0.287). Wake Forest, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (22-29; 75.9 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The physical Wake Forest offense could be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this contest. The Demon Deacons rank fifth in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.318, while Florida State ranks 269th in FTA rate allowed (0.252).
Florida State Seminoles at Wake Forest Demon Deacons Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Over
- Florida State ranks 16th in steals per game (9.5) while Wake Forest ranks 173rd (5.5).
- The Seminoles rank 175th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while the Demon Deacons rank 263rd (17.5).
- Wake Forest averages 38.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 63rd in the country. Florida State ranks 82nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.3).
- The Seminoles rank 12th in blocks per game (5.6) while the Demon Deacons rank 127th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Florida State ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (9.2) while Wake Forest ranks 121st (12.5).
- The Demon Deacons have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Wake Forest has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Seminoles have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (3.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (3.9 above their season average).