The Tulane Green Wave will start their season on their home court when they square off against the 17th-ranked Florida State Seminoles (1-0) at Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Tulane Green Wave Betting Odds
The last time the Seminoles played, they won big over the Florida Gators, 81-60. PJ Savoy was the game’s leading scorer with 20 points on 5-for-7 shooting. The Seminoles had a much better free throw rate (0.500 vs. 0.259) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.594 vs. 0.426).
Tulane failed to reach the tournament following a 14-17 regular season campaign last season.
The Seminoles won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 72-53. Florida State’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Tulane. The Seminoles had a rate of 0.224, while the Green Wave posted a mark of 0.068.
Meanwhile, the Green Wave owned records of 14-17 SU and 10-12-5 ATS last season. Of the Green Wave’s 27 games last year, 20 finished over the projected point total.
Tulane might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the nation’s best defenses. Dating back to last season, Florida State ranks 84th in defensive efficiency while the Green Wave rank 199th in offensive efficiency.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Tulane Green Wave Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Florida State ranks 74th in steals per game (6.9) while Tulane ranks 246th (5.0).
- The Green Wave rank 48th in assists per game (15.6) while the Seminoles rank 85th (14.8).
- Tulane averages 21.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 189th in the country. Florida State ranks 212th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- The Seminoles average 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 74th in the country. The Green Wave rank 213th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Florida State averages 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 15th in the nation. Tulane ranks 79th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).