The undefeated and 2.5-point favorite Indiana Hoosiers (7-0) try to remain perfect when they square off against the 17th-ranked Florida State Seminoles (7-1) at Assembly Hall. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 140 points and it can be seen on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Florida State Seminoles at Indiana Hoosiers ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Hoosiers defeated the South Dakota State Jackrabbits 64-50, while the Seminoles barely escaped the Purdue Boilermakers 63-60.
Florida State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.9 (better than their season average of 16.9) and a free throw rate of 0.310 (matching their season average). Purdue had marks of 25.7 and 0.210, respectively, for those same stats. The Hoosiers, on the other hand, had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 42.1 (above their season average of 35.4), while the Jackrabbits had a free throw rate of 0.107 (below their season average of 0.278). Indiana received a boost from Trayce Jackson-Davis, who recorded 19 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, Devin Vassell played well for Florida State, recording 13 points and six rebounds.
Vegas is highly accurate when predicting totals of Seminoles games, with an even split between overs and unders. Florida State heads into the contest with records of 7-1 straight up (SU) and 5-3 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has a tendency to place the total low when the Hoosiers are involved, as 71.4 percent of their games have ended over the projected point total. Moreover, Indiana owns records of 7-0 SU and 5-2 ATS.
Indiana should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. Dating back to last season, the Hoosiers rank 65th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.477), while Florida State is 193rd in effective field goal percentage (0.505).
Florida State Seminoles at Indiana Hoosiers Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Florida State ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (9.6) while Indiana ranks 169th (12.9).
- The Seminoles rank 47th in steals per game (7.6) while the Hoosiers rank 139th (6.5).
- Florida State ranks 80th in rebounds per game (37.4) while Indiana ranks 126th in rebounds allowed per game (34.1).
- The Seminoles rank 43rd in blocks per game (4.4) while the Hoosiers rank 198th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Florida State ranks 190th in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while Indiana ranks 291st (18.9).