Aleksander Barkov, Jonathan Huberdeau, and the Florida Panthers will face off against Brad Marchand, David Pastrnak, and the Boston Bruins at TD Garden in an Atlantic Division showdown. The action will get going at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, and fans at home can see the game live on New England Sports Network.
Florida Panthers at Boston Bruins Odds
The Bruins (-170) are favored over the Panthers (+150) and oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at an even 6 goals (-115 for the over, -105 for the under).
Boston is 11-6 straight up (SU) and has earned 2.3 units for moneyline bettors this year. That winning percentage, ranked fourth in the league in this young season, hasn’t moved much from the 49-33 record the team managed during the 2018-19 season campaign. Through 17 regular season outings, nine of its games have gone over the total, while six have gone under and just two have pushed. The team is 7-2 SU at home thus far.
The Bruins come into the matchup with the second-strongest power-play unit in the NHL, as they’ve found the net on 29.8 percent of their extra-man advantages this year. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked 10th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 84.9 percent of all penalties.
Averaging 27.7 saves per game with a .933 save percentage, Tuukka Rask (seven wins, three losses, and one OT loss) has been the primary goalkeeper for Boston this season. If the Bruins decide to give him a rest, however, the team may turn to Jaroslav Halak (4-3-3 record, .918 save percentage, 2.67 goals against average).
Florida has lost 1.6 units for moneyline bettors this year and is currently 8-9 straight up (SU). Through 17 regular season outings, 11 of its games have gone over the total, while five have gone under the total and just one has pushed. The Panthers are 5-6 SU as an away team this season.
The Panthers have scored on 22.6 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that’s good enough for seventh-best in the league. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 13th overall and it’s successfully killed off 83.3 percent of all opponent power plays.
Sergei Bobrovsky (23.5 saves per game) has been the primary option in the net for Florida. Bobrovsky has six wins, eight losses, and four overtime losses to his credit, and has registered a .884 save percentage and 3.39 goals against average this year.
Florida Panthers at Boston Bruins Betting Predictions
Free Pick: SU Winner – Bruins, O/U – Over
- Seven of Boston’s last ten outings have been decided by two or more goals, and the team is 6-1 overall in those games.
- The Panthers are 4-2 SU when they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Bruins are 5-2 SU in games where they spend more time in the box than the opposition.
- Florida (2-3 in shootouts) has more experience this season in games decided by shootout. Boston is winless in two shootouts this year.
- For both of these clubs, the game went over the total in three of their last five matchups.
- Florida has averaged 11.2 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 12.6 giveaways per game (ranked 28th overall).
- Boston skaters have averaged 10.2 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 11.1 giveaways per game (ranked 19th in the NHL).
- The Bruins this season have handed the eighth-most hits in the league (23.5 per game).