Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the Florida Gators (18-10, 10-5 SEC) head to Tennessee to take on the Volunteers (15-13, 7-8 SEC). The game can be seen on ESPN2 at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Florida Gators at Tennessee Volunteers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Volunteers were beaten by the Arkansas Razorbacks, 86-69, while the Gators beat the LSU Tigers, 81-66.
The Gators had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 15.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.621 (above their season average of 0.515). Tennessee, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.5 vs. 28.6). Yves Pons had a good outing for Tennessee, recording 12 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Keyontae Johnson was a key piece for Florida with 25 points, 11 rebounds and five assists.
The Volunteers dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last game, Tennessee won 73-61. Tennessee’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Florida. The Volunteers had a rate of 0.585 while the Gators posted a mark of 0.424. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Tennessee ranks 318th in possessions per game (66.1) and Florida is 300th (66.7).
Florida vs. Tennessee Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Florida, O/U – Under
- Florida ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Tennessee ranks 77th (3.0).
- The Volunteers rank 46th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Gators rank 89th (20.1).
- Tennessee allows the 12th-fewest assists per game (9.8) while Florida ranks 51st (11.1).
- The Gators average 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 161st in the NCAA. The Volunteers rank 216th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Florida ranks 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while Tennessee ranks 88th (33.5).
- During their last five games, the Volunteers have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (5.4 above their season average).
- The Gators’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 6.2 for the season.