It figures to be a low-scoring affair as the Florida Atlantic Owls (1-0) travel to UCF to play the Knights (1-0). The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018, and will air on ESPN 3.
Florida Atlantic Owls vs. UCF Knights Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Knights were victorious over the Rider Broncs 84-70, while the Owls dismantled the Florida Tech Panthers 98-52.
Florida Atlantic dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.596 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 52.8. Florida Tech had marks of 0.356 and 32.6, respectively, for those same stats. The Knights, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.424 vs. 0.130) and had a much better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 17.6). Collin Smith played a pivotal role for UCF with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Florida Atlantic, meanwhile, rallied around Jailyn Ingram, who had 21 points and 12 rebounds.
UCF might have a difficult time putting up points as they square off against one of the country’s best defenses. Florida Atlantic ranks 52nd in defensive efficiency, while the Knights rank 324th in offensive efficiency dating back to last season. Also, the Owls, who rank 296th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.203), will face off against the Knights, who rank 27th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.187).
Florida Atlantic Owls vs. UCF Knights Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UCF, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Florida Atlantic ranks 32nd in rebounds per game (38.8) while UCF ranks 186th (35.0).
- The Owls rank 252nd in assists per game (12.2) while the Knights rank 299th (10.7).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 281st in three pointers attempted per game (18.3) while UCF ranks 304th (17.0).
- The Owls rank 77th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Knights rank 181st in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 170th in steals per game (6.0) while UCF ranks 231st (5.3).