The South Florida Bulls and Florida Atlantic Owls will square off at USF Sun Dome to begin their seasons. South Florida is a 3.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 141 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Florida Atlantic Owls vs. South Florida Bulls Free Preview
Last season, South Florida was unable make the tournament following a 7-23 regular season. Florida Atlantic also failed to reach the tournament after a 10-20 regular season.
Last season, the Owls were 10-20 straight up (SU) and 12-14-1 against the spread (ATS). Vegas was fairly accurate when predicting totals of Florida Atlantic games, with 13 unders compared to 12 overs.
The Bulls, on the other hand, were 7-23 SU and 12-15 ATS last season. Converse to Florida Atlantic, South Florida games had a tendency to go over the projected point total (59.3 percent).
The Owls won the sole game against the Bulls last season, 78-62. The Owls played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.358 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3. For those same stats, the Bulls recorded marks of 0.172 and 19.1, respectively.
Florida Atlantic Owls vs. South Florida Bulls Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Florida, ATS Winner – Florida Atlantic, O/U – Over
etting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Owls rank 89th in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while the Bulls rank 227th (4.4).
- South Florida averages 35.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 190th in the nation. Florida Atlantic ranks 305th in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (17.2) while South Florida ranks 270th (23.6).
- The Owls rank 37th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Bulls rank 286th (15.8).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 111th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while South Florida ranks 254th (8.2).