The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (18-7, 9-4 CUSA) welcome the Florida Atlantic Owls (14-12, 6-7 CUSA) to Thomas Assembly Center as the regular season finishes up. The game begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs won a close one over the FIU Panthers, 60-57, while the Owls lost a close one to the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 68-66.
Louisiana Tech played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.127 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 14.9 (better than their season average of 15.8). FIU had marks of 0.086 and 20.5, respectively, for those same stats. Florida Atlantic, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (13.9 vs. 19.8). Louisiana Tech rallied around Amorie Archibald, who finished with 17 points. Meanwhile, Jailyn Ingram led the way for Florida Atlantic, recording 21 points and eight rebounds.
The Bulldogs held the advantage in this series last year, taking two out of three games. In the most recent contest, Louisiana Tech won 57-56. The Bulldogs’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Owls. Louisiana Tech had a rate of 9.9, while Florida Atlantic posted a mark of 18.8. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Louisiana Tech figures to have a significant advantage. The upper-echelon Bulldogs offense ranks 45th in the nation in that metric at 0.532, while the Florida Atlantic defense is ranked 221st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.499).
Florida Atlantic Owls at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Florida Atlantic, ATS Winner – Florida Atlantic, O/U – Under
- Louisiana Tech ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Florida Atlantic ranks 139th (6.7).
- The Owls rank eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Bulldogs rank 74th (3.0).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 50th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while Florida Atlantic ranks 73rd (11.4).
- The Owls rank 55th in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while the Bulldogs rank 151st in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- Louisiana Tech averages 37.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 80th in the nation. Florida Atlantic ranks 149th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- The Owls have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Florida Atlantic has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (5.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (5.0 above their season average).