The Florida Atlantic Owls (8-4) will travel to the State Farm Center to take on the Illinois Fighting Illini (4-8). The game begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Florida Atlantic Owls at Illinois Fighting Illini ATS Odds
Both teams dismantled their last opponent. The Fighting Illini defeated the Evansville Aces 99-60, while the Owls beat the Florida Tech Panthers 98-52.
Florida Atlantic dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.596 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 52.8. Florida Tech recorded marks of 0.356 and 32.6, respectively, for those same stats. Illinois, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.648. For those same stats, Evansville had marks of 29.3 and 0.434, respectively. Illinois’ Ayo Dosunmu had a good game, recording 18 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Jailyn Ingram played a key role for Florida Atlantic with 21 points and 12 rebounds.
Ingram has been playing at a high level recently for Florida Atlantic, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
The offense of Illinois (225th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 103.4) will clash against the top-notch defense of Florida Atlantic (95th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 96.8). The Owls figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. It could also be an error-filled game for the offense of the Owls, which ranks 292nd in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.4 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Fighting Illini, which forces the 11th-most turnovers in the NCAA (25.0 percent).
Florida Atlantic at Illinois Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Illinois, ATS Winner – Illinois, O/U – Under
- Florida Atlantic ranks 17th in rebounds per game (41.6) while Illinois ranks 210th (33.5).
- The Fighting Illini rank 57th in steals per game (7.6) while the Owls rank 132nd in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Fighting Illini rank 36th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while the Owls rank 155th (23.7).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Illinois ranks 96th (3.7).
- During their last five games, the Fighting Illini have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (4.6 above their season average).
- The Owls’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 6.0 for the season.