The Florida Atlantic Owls (14-11, 6-6 CUSA) will be at Reed Green Coliseum to go head-to-head with the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (7-18, 3-9 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Golden Eagles lost a close one to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, 75-72, while the Owls fell to the FIU Panthers, 66-59.
Florida Atlantic forced FIU into a turnover percentage of 27.2 (above their season average of 17.8) while Southern Miss held Western Kentucky to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.2 (below their season average of 25.8). Southern Miss was lifted by LaDavius Draine, who finished with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Karlis Silins had a good game for Florida Atlantic, finishing with 13 points and eight rebounds.
The Golden Eagles won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 74-72. Southern Miss’ 0.135 free throw rate was their largest strength over Florida Atlantic, who had a rate of 0.068. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
It could be an error-filled game for the Southern Miss offense. Southern Miss ranks 285th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent), while the pesky defense of Florida Atlantic forces the 74th-most turnovers in the nation (21.4 percent).
Florida Atlantic Owls at Southern Miss Golden Eagles Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Southern Miss, ATS Winner – Southern Miss, O/U – Under
- Florida Atlantic averages 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 58th in the country. Southern Miss ranks 287th in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- The Owls rank 92nd in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Golden Eagles rank 112th in rebounds allowed per game (34.0).
- The Owls rank 65th in steals per game (7.4) while the Golden Eagles rank 179th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Florida Atlantic allows the eighth-fewest blocks per game (2.1) while Southern Miss ranks 43rd (2.6).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 64.8 points per game (5.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (0.8 below their season average).