The Old Dominion Monarchs (11-17, 7-8 CUSA) welcome the Florida Atlantic Owls (16-13, 8-8 CUSA) to Chartway Arena. The Owls can end a six-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN 3.
Florida Atlantic Owls at Old Dominion Monarchs ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Monarchs fell to the Marshall Thundering Herd, 74-66, while the Owls beat the UTSA Roadrunners, 80-71.
Florida Atlantic dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 29.5) and a free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.193). UTSA was 15.8 and 0.200, respectively, for those same stats. Old Dominion, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 28.0). Malik Curry had a good performance for Old Dominion with 24 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Florida Atlantic, meanwhile, was led by Jailyn Ingram, who contributed 13 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, A.J. Oliver II led the Monarchs to a 65-55 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 21 points. Old Dominion’s 0.492 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Florida Atlantic, who had a rate of 0.383.
Old Dominion might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Florida Atlantic currently ranks 97th in defensive efficiency while the Monarchs rank 312th in offensive efficiency.
Florida Atlantic Owls at Old Dominion Monarchs ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Old Dominion, ATS Winner – Old Dominion, O/U – Under
- Florida Atlantic averages 25.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 49th in the nation. Old Dominion ranks 266th in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Monarchs rank 30th in rebounds per game (39.3) while the Owls rank 134th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 196th in assists per game (12.2) while Old Dominion ranks 271st (10.2).
- The Owls rank ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Monarchs rank 172nd (4.1).
- Old Dominion ranks 11th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Florida Atlantic ranks 165th (6.8).
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Monarchs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.4, up from 0.4 for the season.