The winless Florida A&M Rattlers (0-7) travel to Earle A. Chiles Center to clash with the Portland Pilots (7-3). Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, December 16, 2019.
Florida A&M Rattlers at Portland Pilots Betting Odds
In their last game, the Pilots easily got past the Evergreen State Geoducks, 77-55, while the Rattlers got blown out by the 21st-ranked Tennessee Volunteers, 72-43.
Portland played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.132 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.0 (above their season average of 22.1). Evergreen State recorded marks of 0.031 and 18.2, respectively, for those same stats. Florida A&M, on the other hand, held Tennessee to an effective field goal percentage of 0.464 (below the 0.539 mark opponents have averaged against Florida A&M this season). Jacob Tryon played a key role for Portland with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Florida A&M, meanwhile, received a boost from Evins Desir, who contributed 11 points and seven rebounds.
The Pilots won the sole game between these two teams last season, 54-39. The Pilots’ 13.8 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Rattlers, who had a mark of 19.3.
The aggressive Portland offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Pilots rank 89th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.255, while Florida A&M ranks 316th in FTA rate allowed (0.281).
Florida A&M Rattlers at Portland Pilots Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Portland, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Portland ranks 180th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while Florida A&M ranks 284th (15.1).
- The Pilots rank 71st in blocks per game (3.9) while the Rattlers rank 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Florida A&M averages 10.8 assists per game, which ranks 218th in the nation. Portland ranks 224th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- The Rattlers rank 59th in steals per game (7.5) while the Pilots rank 104th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Portland ranks 221st in rebounds per game (32.9) while Florida A&M ranks 242nd (31.9).