The Florida A&M Rattlers (1-4) will travel to Scheels Center to go head-to-head against the North Dakota State Bison (1-2) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Florida A&M Rattlers at North Dakota State Bison Odds Preview
The Rattlers easily got past the Albany State Golden Rams in their last game, 77-59. With 12 points, Florida A&Ms Marcus Barham had a good game. Florida A&M dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.217 (above their season average of 0.134) and a turnover percentage of 17.4 (better than their season average of 23.2). Albany State was 0.130 and 26.2, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Bisons last matchup, they defeated the Missouri State Bears, 57-54. North Dakota State received a boost from Tyson Ward, who put up 11 points and 10 rebounds. North Dakota States effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Missouri State. The Bison had a rate of 0.446, while the Bears posted a mark of 0.336.
This contest should be a battle of contrasting paces. Dating back to last season, Florida A&M has preferred a fast-paced style of play (36th in possessions per game), while North Dakota State has been more methodical (220th in possessions per game).
Florida A&M Rattlers at North Dakota State Bison Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida A&M, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bison rank 179th in assists allowed per game (13.4) while the Rattlers rank 256th (14.7).
- North Dakota State ranks 111th in blocks per game (3.7) while Florida A&M ranks 126th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- North Dakota State ranks 76th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while Florida A&M ranks 245th (7.0).
- The Bison rank 177th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3) while the Rattlers rank 315th (41.3).
- North Dakota State ranks 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.3) while Florida A&M ranks 291st in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).