The Florida A&M Rattlers (9-13, 7-4 MEAC) will be at Memorial Hall to go head-to-head with the Delaware State Hornets (3-20, 2-7 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Florida A&M Rattlers at Delaware State Hornets Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Hornets fell to the South Carolina State Bulldogs, 100-86, while the Rattlers won big over the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 79-60.
Florida A&M played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (below their season average of 30.2) and a turnover percentage of 14.4 (better than their season average of 18.5). North Carolina A&T was 10.0 and 25.5, respectively, for those same stats. Delaware State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.1 vs. 14.9). John Crosby had a good outing for Delaware State, finishing with 26 points and seven rebounds. Rod Melton Jr., meanwhile was a key piece for Florida A&M with 10 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists.
The Rattlers won the only contest between these two teams last year, 60-47. Florida A&M’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Delaware State. The Rattlers had a rate of 0.220, while the Hornets posted a mark of 0.119. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the Delaware State offense. Delaware State ranks 301st in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.0 percent), while the pesky defense of Florida A&M forces the 57th-most turnovers in the nation (21.9 percent).
Florida A&M vs. Delaware State Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Florida A&m, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Over
- Delaware State ranks 98th in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Florida A&M ranks 298th (13.5).
- The Rattlers average 34.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 176th in the country. The Hornets rank 281st in rebounds allowed per game (39.9).
- The Rattlers average 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 63rd in the country. The Hornets rank 211th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- Florida A&M ranks 145th in assists allowed per game (12.9) while Delaware State ranks 252nd (16.3).
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (11.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (3.1 above their season average).
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.0, down from 12.8 for the season.