The Florida A&M Rattlers (4-11, 2-2 MEAC) will be at the Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center to challenge the South Carolina State Bulldogs (7-8, 2-1 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the Howard Bison 101-95, while the Rattlers beat the Coppin State Eagles 65-54.
Florida A&M played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5 (below their season average of 28.2) and a free throw rate of 0.222 (above their season average of 0.202). For those same stats, Coppin State recorded marks of 9.3 and 0.130, respectively. The Bulldogs, on the other hand, had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 43.6 (above their season average of 27.1) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.572 (above their season average of 0.477). South Carolina State’s Damani Applewhite had a good outing, putting up 16 points and 10 rebounds. Florida A&M, meanwhile, was led by MJ Randolph, who finished with 20 points, 15 rebounds and six assists.
The Bulldogs won the only game between these two teams last year, 57-54. Getting to the free throw line was one of South Carolina State’s biggest strengths. They had 27 free throw attempts, while Florida A&M had just 10. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The physical South Carolina State offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Bulldogs currently rank 19th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.287, while Florida A&M ranks 298th in FTA rate allowed (0.271).
Florida A&M at South Carolina State Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – South Carolina State, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Over
- Florida A&M ranks 63rd in steals per game (7.7) while South Carolina State ranks 232nd (4.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 207th in assists per game (11.5) while the Rattlers rank 253rd (9.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 112th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3) while the Rattlers rank 250th (38.7).
- South Carolina State ranks 239th in three pointers attempted per game (18.1) while Florida A&M ranks 286th (12.7).
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (6.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 7.3 for the season.