The Florida A&M Rattlers (0-3) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first win when they square off with the Mississippi State Bulldogs (1-0) at Humphrey Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs ATS Preview
In the Rattlers last matchup, they were blown out by the No. 11 Miami (FL) Hurricanes, 90-59. With 22 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Marcus Barham was the games leading scorer. Miami (FL)s 0.172 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Florida A&M, who had a mark of 0.102.
The Bulldogs will look to maintain momentum after blowing out the Alabama State Hornets in their last contest, 96-68. With 18 points on 6-for-11 shooting, Aric Holman was the games high scorer. Mississippi State dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.422 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.539. For those same stats, Alabama State was 0.164 and 0.425, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Mississippi State figures to have a substantial advantage. Since last season, the Bulldogs defense ranks 78th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.479), while the Florida A&M offense ranks 319th in effective field goal percentage (0.469).
Florida A&M Rattlers at Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida A&M, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 173rd in rebounds per game (35.8) while the Rattlers rank 317th in rebounds allowed per game (41.7).
- Mississippi State averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. Florida A&M ranks 88th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Mississippi State ranks 49th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Florida A&M ranks 246th (14.7).
- The Bulldogs rank 94th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while the Rattlers rank 290th (24.6).
- Mississippi State ranks 40th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Florida A&M ranks 231st (6.9).