The Florida A&M Rattlers (10-13, 8-4 MEAC) will be at the William P Hytche Athletic Center to meet the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (4-21, 3-7 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Hawks beat the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 66-58, while the Rattlers won a close one over the Delaware State Hornets 97-95.
The Rattlers had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 42.0 (above their season average of 30.1) and had a turnover percentage of 13.7 (better than their season average of 18.3). Meanwhile, Maryland Eastern Shore played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.197 (above their season average of 0.151) and a turnover percentage of 12.7 (better than their season average of 19.3). For those same stats, Bethune-Cookman was 0.090 and 19.1, respectively. Maryland Eastern Shore was led by Ahmad Frost, who had 15 points and five rebounds. Nasir Core played a key role for Florida A&M with 29 points and seven rebounds.
The Hawks won the only contest between these two teams last year, 60-58. Maryland Eastern Shore had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 vs. 25.0). Florida A&M, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.255 vs. 0.185). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Maryland Eastern Shore. Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 321st in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of Florida A&M forces the 65th-most turnovers in the nation (21.6 percent).
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, ATS Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, O/U – Over
- Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 112th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while Florida A&M ranks 302nd (13.6).
- The Hawks average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 80th in the nation. The Rattlers rank 151st in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 248th in assists per game (10.6) while Florida A&M ranks 254th (10.3).
- The Hawks average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 53rd in the nation. The Rattlers rank 194th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Florida A&M averages 35.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 159th in the country. Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 287th in rebounds allowed per game (40.2).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 15.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (12.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (4.6 above their season average).