A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Howard Bison (6-8) when they welcome the Florida A&M Rattlers (3-12) to Burr Arena. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Florida A&M Rattlers at Howard Bison Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Bison dismantled the Washington Adventist Shock 115-91, while the Rattlers defeated the Jacksonville Dolphins 65-50.
The Rattlers had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.547 vs. 0.298) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (37.9 vs. 35.9). Howard, on the other hand, played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.564 and a turnover percentage of 10.1. For those same stats, Washington Adventist was 0.419 and 13.6, respectively. Chad Lott was a key piece for Howard with 27 points and eight rebounds. Tracy Hector, meanwhile had a solid performance for Florida A&M, putting up 11 points and eight rebounds.
The Rattlers edged out the Bison in this series last year, securing victories in two out of three games. In the last game, Florida A&M won 88-78. Florida A&M was successful at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Rattlers made 29 of their 35 free throws (82.9 percent), while the Bison were 15-21 (71.4 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
RJ Cole has really been playing well recently for Howard, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Opposite tempos will be on display in this meeting. Howard prefers a fast-breaking style of play (ninth in possessions per game), while Florida A&M is slower-paced (338th in possessions per game).
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Howard Bison Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Howard, O/U – Under
- Howard ranks 52nd in rebounds per game (39.1) while Florida A&M ranks 258th (29.4).
- The Bison rank 50th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Rattlers rank 120th (6.7).
- Howard ranks 108th in assists per game (14.1) while Florida A&M ranks 141st in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- The Rattlers rank 41st in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while the Bison rank 174th (24.1).
- Howard ranks 47th in blocks per game (4.4) while Florida A&M ranks 154th (2.3).
- The Bison have outscored opponents by an average of 20.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Howard has been defeated by an average of 0.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (3.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (4.7 below their season average).