The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (8-18, 4-9 CUSA) welcome the FIU Panthers (17-9, 8-5 CUSA) to Reed Green Coliseum as the regular season comes to a conclusion. The game is scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
FIU Panthers vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Golden Eagles barely escaped the Florida Atlantic Owls, 68-66, while the Panthers lost a winnable game to the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 60-57.
Southern Miss played a nearly flawless contest. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.273 (above their season average of 0.177) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 28.3). For those same stats, Florida Atlantic was 0.109 and 28.2, respectively. FIU, meanwhile, held Louisiana Tech to an effective field goal percentage of 0.413 (below their season average of 0.538). LaDavius Draine had a good outing for Southern Miss, putting up 16 points and 11 rebounds. FIU, meanwhile, rallied around Devon Andrews, who contributed 22 points.
The Golden Eagles won the sole game between these two teams last season, 89-73. Southern Miss had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.625 vs. 0.500). FIU, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 vs. 21.4). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
It could be an error-filled game for the Southern Miss offense. Southern Miss ranks 292nd in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.8 percent), while the gambling defense of FIU forces the 50th-most turnovers in the country (22.1 percent). Furthermore, the sharp-shooting offense of the Panthers ranks 41st in effective field goal percentage (0.534), while the Golden Eagles are 78th-worst in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.513).
FIU at Southern Miss Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – FIU, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Under
- FIU ranks 44th in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Southern Miss ranks 282nd in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- The Panthers rank first in blocks per game (6.8) while the Golden Eagles rank 162nd (2.5).
- FIU averages 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. Southern Miss ranks 158th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- The Golden Eagles rank 108th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9) while the Panthers rank 283rd (40.1).
- FIU ranks 13th in steals per game (9.2) while Southern Miss ranks 178th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (8.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (6.2 below their season average).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 6.1 for the season.