The FIU Panthers (17-8, 8-4 CUSA) will be at the Thomas Assembly Center to challenge the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (17-7, 8-4 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
FIU Panthers vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Bulldogs were beaten by the Marshall Thundering Herd, 83-79, while the Panthers were victorious over the Florida Atlantic Owls, 66-59.
FIU played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.176 (below their season average of 0.199) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.559 (above their season average of 0.537). For those same stats, Florida Atlantic put up marks of 0.092 and 0.408, respectively. Louisiana Tech, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.322 (above their season average of 0.189). Mubarak Muhammed was a key piece for Louisiana Tech with 12 points and 12 rebounds. FIU, meanwhile, was lifted by Antonio Daye, Jr., who finished with 20 points.
The Panthers dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, FIU won 83-76. Getting to the free throw line was one of FIU’s largest strengths. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Louisiana Tech had 16. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
This battle pits one of the country’s top offenses against one of its elite defensesLouisiana Tech ranks 34th in effective field goal percentage (0.538), while FIU is 49th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.459). Ball security could be troublesome for the Panthers. They rank 288th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent), while the Bulldogs force the 51st-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.2 percent).
FIU Panthers at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Under
- Louisiana Tech averages 37.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 86th in the country. FIU ranks 283rd in rebounds allowed per game (40.0).
- The Panthers rank 44th in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while the Bulldogs rank 144th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- FIU ranks 39th in assists per game (15.1) while Louisiana Tech ranks 92nd (14.0).
- The Panthers rank first in blocks per game (6.7) while the Bulldogs rank 183rd (2.4).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 18th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while FIU ranks 198th (7.9).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (5.0 above their season average).
- The Panthers have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. On the season, FIU has defeated opponents by an average of 6.0 points.