A nine-game home winning streak is on the line for the Charlotte 49ers (15-11, 9-6 CUSA) when they challenge the FIU Panthers (17-11, 8-7 CUSA) at Dale F. Halton Arena. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
FIU Panthers at Charlotte 49ers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the 49ers barely escaped the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, 72-70, while the Panthers were blown out by the North Texas Mean Green, 78-59.
The 49ers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.8, had a solid mark of 32.1 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.568 (above their season average of 0.525). FIU, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.241 (above their season average of 0.192). Charlotte’s Jordan Shepherd had a solid performance, finishing with 13 points and 10 assists. FIU, meanwhile, rallied around Osasumwen Osaghae, who had 18 points.
In their first matchup this season, Young led the 49ers to a 75-49 win. He scored a game-high 19 points. The 49ers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Panthers. Charlotte had a rate of 27.3, while FIU posted a mark of 13.2.
It could be a sloppy game for the Charlotte offense. Charlotte ranks 286th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.6 percent), while the gambling defense of FIU forces the 40th-most turnovers in the nation (22.3 percent). Furthermore, the Panthers rank 51st in effective field goal percentage (0.529), while the 49ers rank 257th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.507).
FIU at Charlotte ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Charlotte, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Under
- Charlotte ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while FIU ranks 277th (39.9).
- The Panthers average 6.6 blocks per game, which ranks first in the country. The 49ers rank 112th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- FIU ranks 52nd in assists per game (14.6) while Charlotte ranks 117th in assists allowed per game (12.2).
- The Panthers rank 41st in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while the 49ers rank 243rd (19.1).
- FIU ranks 13th in steals per game (9.0) while Charlotte ranks 184th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Panthers have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. For the season, FIU has defeated opponents by an average of 4.3 points.
- During their last five games, the 49ers have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (8.4 above their season average).