A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Charlotte 49ers (11-7, 5-2 CUSA) when they welcome the FIU Panthers (14-6, 5-2 CUSA) to Dale F. Halton Arena. The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
FIU Panthers at Charlotte 49ers ATS Odds
Both teams won a tight one over their last opponent. The 49ers defeated the Florida Atlantic Owls 70-68, while the Panthers beat the Old Dominion Monarchs 83-80.
The Panthers had a free throw rate of 0.233 (above their season average of 0.205) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.548). The 49ers, on the other hand, made 16 of their 22 free throws (72.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.509). Jahmir Young led the way for Charlotte, putting up 24 points and seven rebounds. FIU, meanwhile, was lifted by Osasumwen Osaghae, who contributed 11 points, nine rebounds and six blocks.
The Panthers won the sole game between these two teams last year, 69-66. FIU had a much better turnover percentage (19.9 vs. 26.4). Charlotte, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.462 vs. 0.432). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Charlotte. Charlotte ranks 290th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.1 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of FIU forces the 57th-most turnovers in the nation (22.3 percent).
FIU at Charlotte Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Charlotte, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Under
- FIU ranks 31st in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while Charlotte ranks 270th (17.7).
- The Panthers average 9.5 steals per game, which ranks 11th in the NCAA. The 49ers rank 179th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- FIU ranks first in blocks per game (7.1) while Charlotte ranks 103rd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The 49ers rank 42nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while the Panthers rank 263rd (41.0).
- FIU ranks 19th in assists per game (16.4) while Charlotte ranks 212th (11.3).
- During their last five games, the 49ers have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (4.0 above their season average).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 7.8 for the season.