The Elon Phoenix (1-2) and the FIU Golden Panthers (1-1) clash at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Action gets underway at 6:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
FIU Golden Panthers vs. Elon Phoenix Odds Preview
The Golden Panthers lost to the Stetson Hatters in their last matchup, 70-64. With 19 points on 6-for-10 shooting, Eric Lockett was the games high scorer. Stetson had a much better turnover percentage (11.4 vs. 18.9). FIU, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.316 vs. 0.227).
The last time the Phoenix played, they were defeated by the Furman Paladins, 76-67. With 12 points and seven rebounds, Brian Dawkins played well for Elon. Furman had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 vs. 20.0). Elon, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (14-16; 87.5 percent).
Elon figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Phoenix rank 96th in effective field goal percentage (0.526), while FIU ranks 269th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.520). Moreover, the Golden Panthers, who rank 276th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.220), could struggle to get to the line against the Phoenix, who rank 10th in opponents FTA rate (0.176).
The Phoenix won the lone game against the Golden Panthers last season, 84-81. The Phoenix dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.258 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.508. The Golden Panthers recorded marks of 0.213 and 0.433, respectively, for those same stats.
FIU Golden Panthers vs. Elon Phoenix Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Elon, ATS Winner – Elon, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Panthers rank 155th in steals per game (6.2) while the Phoenix rank 243rd (5.1).
- Elon ranks 237th in blocks per game (2.4) while FIU ranks 253rd (2.2).
- Elon ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while FIU ranks 284th (17.8).
- The Golden Panthers rank 51st in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Phoenix rank 256th (37.5).
- Elon ranks 106th in assists per game (14.4) while FIU ranks 300th (11.1).