The North Florida Ospreys (4-5) will be at home in UNF Arena when they challenge the FIU Golden Panthers (5-4). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
FIU Golden Panthers vs. North Florida Ospreys ATS Preview
The Golden Panthers were victorious over the South Florida Bulls in their last game, 65-53. Brian Beard Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 10-for-15 shooting. FIU played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.8 (worse than their season average of 13.5) and a free throw rate of 0.220 (above their season average of 0.199). For those same stats, South Florida put up marks of 21.4 and 0.150, respectively.
In the Ospreys last matchup, they defeated the Florida A&M Rattlers, 101-89. North Florida was lifted by Ivan Gandia-Rosa, who led the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-15 shooting. The Ospreys had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.662 (above their season average of 0.515) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 31.4).
It could be a sloppy game for the North Florida offense. Dating back to last season, North Florida ranks 328th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.0 percent), while the pesky defense of FIU has forced the 57th-most turnovers in the nation (18.4 percent).
The Golden Panthers won the only game against the Ospreys last season, 78-54. The Golden Panthers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 46.9 and a great effective field goal percentage of 0.567. For those same stats, the Ospreys put up marks of 23.7 and 0.440, respectively.
FIU Golden Panthers at North Florida Ospreys Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – FIU, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Panthers rank 52nd in blocks per game (2.6) while the Ospreys rank 167th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- FIU ranks 142nd in assists allowed per game (13.7) while North Florida ranks 240th (15.5).
- FIU ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (6.1) while North Florida ranks 211th (8.4).
- The Ospreys average 26.0 three pointers per game, which ranks sixth in the NCAA. The Golden Panthers rank 152nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.1).
- North Florida ranks 121st in rebounds per game (38.4) while FIU ranks 266th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).