The FIU Golden Panthers (12-7, 3-3 CUSA) will be at FAU Arena to meet the Florida Atlantic Owls (11-8, 2-4 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
FIU Golden Panthers at Florida Atlantic Owls ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Owls fell to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, 72-66, while the Golden Panthers were defeated by the Marshall Thundering Herd, 105-97.
FIU had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 26.8) while Florida Atlantic made 14 of their 30 three pointers (46.7 percent). Anthony Adger led the way for Florida Atlantic, putting up 17 points. FIU, meanwhile, was lifted by Osasumwen Osaghae, who put up 10 points and 15 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Owls won 77-72. Florida Atlantic had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 18.1). FIU, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (44.1 vs. 35.3). This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the Florida Atlantic offense. Florida Atlantic ranks 293rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.0 percent), while the gambling defense of FIU forces the third-most turnovers in the NCAA (26.3 percent).
FIU at Florida Atlantic ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Florida Atlantic, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Over
- Florida Atlantic ranks 24th in rebounds per game (40.1) while FIU ranks 279th in rebounds allowed per game (43.5).
- The Owls rank 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Golden Panthers rank 148th (4.5).
- FIU averages 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 53rd in the country. Florida Atlantic ranks 109th in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- The Golden Panthers average 11.5 steals per game, which ranks first in the country. The Owls rank 176th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- FIU averages 28.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. Florida Atlantic ranks 173rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- The Golden Panthers have been outscored by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. For the season, FIU has defeated opponents by an average of 6.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average).