The FGCU Eagles (5-12, 0-2 Asun) will be at UNF Arena to take on the North Florida Ospreys (7-10, 1-1 Asun) in an Asun matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
FGCU Eagles at North Florida Ospreys ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Ospreys fell to the Lipscomb Bisons, 81-66, while the Eagles were defeated by the North Alabama Lions, 61-56.
FGCU had a free throw rate of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.217) while North Florida forced Lipscomb into a turnover percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 15.8). Noah Horchler played a pivotal role for North Florida with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Decardo Day led the way for FGCU, putting up 20 points.
The Eagles dominated this series last year, winning all three games. In the last matchup, FGCU won 95-72. The Eagles’ 8.7 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Ospreys, who had a mark of 22.8. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Getting to the line could be few and far between for North Florida in this meeting. The Ospreys currently rank 262nd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.209, while FGCU ranks 36th in FTA rate allowed (0.181).
FGCU Eagles vs. North Florida Ospreys Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – North Florida, O/U – Under
- North Florida averages 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 59th in the nation. FGCU ranks 225th in assists allowed per game (16.6).
- The Ospreys rank 23rd in blocks per game (4.9) while the Eagles rank 100th (3.2).
- North Florida ranks 75th in rebounds per game (37.9) while FGCU ranks 136th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- The Ospreys rank 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while the Eagles rank 184th in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- FGCU ranks 93rd in steals per game (6.7) while North Florida ranks 181st in steals allowed per game (10.9).
- During their last five games, the Ospreys have scored an average of 79.2 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.8 points per game (3.1 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.4, up from 6.5 for the season.