The 10th-ranked Michigan State Spartans (0-1) get their home schedule underway at Jack Breslin Student Events Center against the FGCU Eagles (1-1). Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
FGCU Eagles at Michigan State Spartans Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Spartans were beaten by the top-ranked Kansas Jayhawks, 92-87, while the Eagles won big over the Southeastern University Fire, 81-54.
FGCU played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.7 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.515. For those same stats, Southeastern University was 28.4 and 0.358, respectively. Michigan State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.390 vs. 0.290). Michigan State’s Kenny Goins played well, recording 17 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Schadrac Casimir was a key piece for FGCU with 16 points.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Michigan State takes on the stingy defense of FGCU. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Spartans rank eighth in offensive efficiency, while the Eagles are 38th in defensive efficiency. Contrasting tempos will be on display in this matchup. The quick-paced Eagles rank 49th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Spartans rank 253rd.
FGCU vs. Michigan State Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – FGCU, ATS Winner – FGCU, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- FGCU ranks 37th in steals per game (7.5) while Michigan State ranks 280th (4.1).
- The Spartans average 41.1 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 74th in rebounds allowed per game (33.1).
- Michigan State ranks 212th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while FGCU ranks 227th (20.4).
- The Spartans rank first in blocks per game (7.2) while the Eagles rank 209th (2.7).
- Michigan State ranks second in assists per game (19.1) while FGCU ranks 123rd in assists allowed per game (12.9).