The FGCU Eagles (5-8) meet the Florida Gators (6-4) at BB&T Center. The game starts at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
FGCU Eagles vs. Florida Gators ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Gators were blown out by the 17th-ranked Florida State Seminoles, 81-60, while the Eagles were beaten by the Illinois State Redbirds, 74-66.
FGCU made 12 of their 29 three pointers (41.4 percent) while Florida had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 vs. 25.0). Florida’s Jalen Hudson had a good outing, recording 11 points. Meanwhile, FGCU was led by Schadrac Casimir, who had 18 points.
FGCU could have a tough time creating turnovers. Florida ranks 82nd in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.4 percent), while FGCU forces the 193rd-most turnovers (19.8 percent).
FGCU vs. Florida Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – FGCU, O/U – Over
- Florida ranks 34th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while FGCU ranks 142nd (16.3).
- The Gators rank 94th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Eagles rank 156th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- FGCU ranks 97th in rebounds per game (34.5) while Florida ranks 133rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- The Gators average 8.7 steals per game, which ranks 21st in the nation. The Eagles rank 126th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Florida ranks 39th in blocks per game (4.5) while FGCU ranks 115th (3.2).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average).
- The Gators’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 7.9 for the season.