The NJIT Highlanders (8-18, 5-8 Asun) wrap up their home schedule at Wellness and Events Center against the FGCU Eagles (8-20, 5-8 Asun). The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
FGCU Eagles vs. NJIT Highlanders ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Highlanders beat the Stetson Hatters, 78-69, while the Eagles were beaten by the Lipscomb Bisons, 64-54.
NJIT played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.6 (worse than their season average of 14.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.570 (above their season average of 0.456). Stetson had marks of 20.8 and 0.521, respectively, for those same stats. FGCU, on the other hand, held Lipscomb to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.6 (below their season average of 27.2). Zach Cooks played a key role for NJIT with 25 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Zach Scott led the way for FGCU, finishing with 12 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Cooks led the Highlanders to a 56-54 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points. NJIT had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.6 vs. 12.5). FGCU, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (5-7; 71.4 percent).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams clash. NJIT currently ranks 303rd in possessions per game (66.6) and FGCU is 295th (66.8).
FGCU Eagles at NJIT Highlanders Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – NJIT, ATS Winner – NJIT, O/U – Under
- NJIT ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while FGCU ranks 203rd (7.7).
- The Eagles rank 54th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Highlanders rank 121st in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- FGCU ranks 194th in rebounds per game (34.4) while NJIT ranks 249th (33.0).
- The Eagles rank 110th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Highlanders rank 230th (19.3).
- FGCU ranks 175th in assists per game (12.6) while NJIT ranks 253rd (10.8).
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (2.0 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 5.5 for the season.