The Lipscomb Bisons (14-4, 5-0 Asun) welcome the FGCU Eagles (7-13, 2-3 Asun) to Allen Arena. The Bisons will try to extend their five-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
FGCU Eagles vs. Lipscomb Bisons Betting Odds
Both teams won big over their last opponent. The Bisons defeated the Kennesaw State Owls 86-57, while the Eagles beat the Stetson Hatters 87-65.
The Eagles had a superb turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 19.2) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.510). Meanwhile, Lipscomb dominated every facet of their game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.9 (below their season average of 25.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.541 (below their season average of 0.555). For those same stats, Kennesaw State had marks of 10.5 and 0.382, respectively. Garrison Mathews was a key piece for Lipscomb with 25 points and five rebounds. FGCU, meanwhile, was led by Schadrac Casimir, who finished with 21 points and five rebounds.
The Bisons held the advantage in this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last game, Lipscomb won 108-96. One of Lipscomb’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 47 free throw attempts, while FGCU had just 28. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The elite offense of Lipscomb (35th in the country with an effective field goal percentage 0.554) will battle against the bottom-tier defense of FGCU (315th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.539). The Bisons should have the edge on that end of the court. Additionally, the Eagles rank 302nd in turnover percentage (21.2 percent), while the Bisons rank 37th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.7 percent).
FGCU Eagles at Lipscomb Bisons Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Lipscomb, O/U – Over
- Lipscomb ranks 15th in assists per game (17.4) while FGCU ranks 240th in assists allowed per game (16.4).
- The Bisons rank 136th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while the Eagles rank 203rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- FGCU averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 88th in the country. Lipscomb ranks 149th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Bisons rank 78th in rebounds per game (37.7) while the Eagles rank 225th (33.4).
- Lipscomb averages 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 29th in the nation. FGCU ranks 141st in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bisons have scored an average of 81.8 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (4.4 below their season average).