The No. 23 Seton Hall Pirates and Fairleigh Dickinson Knights will clash at Prudential Center to commence the new season. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights vs. Seton Hall Pirates Odds Preview
Seton Hall was a nine seed in the tournament last season and was defeated in the First Round by the Arkansas Razorbacks. In the regular season, the Pirates went 21-11. Meanwhile, Fairleigh Dickinson was unable make the tournament following an 11-19 regular season.
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Seton Hall in this matchup. In the 2016-17 season, the Pirates ranked 22nd in offensive rebounding percentage (35.8 percent), while Fairleigh Dickinson ranked 326th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.6 percent).
Last season, the Knights were 11-19 straight up (SU) and 2-1 against the spread (ATS). Vegas had a tendency to place the total a bit low when Fairleigh Dickinson is involved, as two of their 3 games gone over the O/U total.
The Pirates had a solid 21-11 SU record last season, but had a hard time covering the spread (14-17-1 ATS). Converse to Fairleigh Dickinson, games involving Seton Hall finished under the O/U total 53.1 percent of the time.
The Pirates won the lone contest against the Knights last season, 91-70. The Pirates played a nearly perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.684. The Knights had marks of 17.5 and 0.467, respectively, for those same stats.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights at Seton Hall Pirates Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Fairleigh Dickinson, ATS Winner – Fairleigh Dickinson, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Knights average 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 139th in the nation. The Pirates rank 220th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 202nd in three pointers attempted per game (20.2) while Seton Hall ranks 273rd (18.1).
- Seton Hall ranks 14th in rebounds per game (39.8) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 273rd (33.0).
- The Pirates rank 76th in assists allowed per game (12.1) while the Knights rank 245th (14.6).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Seton Hall ranks 147th (3.5).