A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Saint Francis U Red Flash (5-7, 1-0 NEC) when they challenge the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (5-8, 0-1 NEC) at DeGol Arena. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights at Saint Francis U Red Flash ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Red Flash fell to the Buffalo Bulls, 82-67, while the Knights got blown out by the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 90-55.
Fairleigh Dickinson had a better offensive rebounding percentage (38.6 vs. 45.7) while Saint Francis U had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.6 vs. 33.3). Saint Francis U’s Keith Braxton had a good outing, recording 19 points and nine rebounds. Darnell Edge, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Fairleigh Dickinson with 17 points and six rebounds.
The Red Flash edged out the Knights in this series last year, emerging victorious in two out of three games. In the last game, Fairleigh Dickinson won 84-75. Fairleigh Dickinson out-rebounded Saint Francis U. The Knights had more offensive rebounds (18 vs. 10) and total rebounds (37 vs. 29). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Edge and Xzavier Malone-Key have played at a high level over the last five games for Fairleigh Dickinson. Edge has averaged 0 points per game, while Malone-Key has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
It will be a matchup of conflicting tempos as the up-and-down Red Flash will look to push the more methodical Knights. The Red Flash rank 55th in possessions per game while the Knights are 184th.
Fairleigh Dickinson at Saint Francis U Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Over
- Saint Francis U ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (40.8) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 233rd (32.8).
- The Knights rank 69th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Red Flash rank 132nd in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 154th in assists per game (13.1) while Saint Francis U ranks 208th in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Knights rank 27th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Red Flash rank 199th (24.8).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 16th in steals per game (8.9) while Saint Francis U ranks 89th (6.9).
- The Red Flash’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 19.4, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knights have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (4.0 below their season average).