The Iona Gaels (2-4) will be at home in Hynes Athletics Center when they square off against the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (3-4). Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights vs. Iona Gaels ATS Preview
In the Knights last game, they lost big to the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 77-53. With 21 points on 5-for-15 shooting, Darian Anderson was the top scorer from either team. Saint Peter’s was lights out from beyond the arc (11-26; 42.3 percent). Fairleigh Dickinson, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.321 (above their season average of 0.241).
The Gaels come in on a high note after defeating the Ohio Bobcats in their last contest, 93-88. TK Edogi had a good game for Iona, finishing with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Iona dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.3 (above their season average of 23.6) and a free throw rate of 0.183 (above their season average of 0.133). Ohio was 18.9 and 0.138, respectively, for those same stats.
Based on each teams statistical profile, ball protection could play a significant role in this meeting. Dating back to last season, Iona has committed the 40th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Fairleigh Dickinson has forced the 56th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 20.9 percent).
The Gaels won the lone game against the Knights last season, 90-73. Iona’s 0.594 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Fairleigh Dickinson, who had a mark of 0.400.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights at Iona Gaels ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Iona, ATS Winner – Iona, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Gaels rank 213th in rebounds per game (35.0) while the Knights rank 280th (33.1).
- Fairleigh Dickinson allows the 15th-fewest blocks per game (2.4) while Iona ranks 55th (2.9).
- Iona averages 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 41st in the NCAA. Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 254th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Gaels rank 14th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Knights rank 196th (6.6).
- Iona ranks 39th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 207th (20.2).