The Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (5-6) will travel to the USF Sun Dome to challenge the South Florida Bulls (9-2). Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018, and can be seen on ESPN 3.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights vs. South Florida Bulls ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Bulls defeated the Alabama A&M Bulldogs, 80-63, while the Knights lost big to the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 90-55.
South Florida played a flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.651 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5. Alabama A&M was 0.510 and 31.3, respectively, for those same stats. Fairleigh Dickinson, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (38.6 vs. 45.7). Laquincy Rideau played well for South Florida, putting up eight points, 10 assists and five rebounds. Darnell Edge, meanwhile played a key role for Fairleigh Dickinson with 17 points and six rebounds.
Edge and Xzavier Malone-Key have played at a high level over the last five games for Fairleigh Dickinson. Edge has averaged 0 points per game, while Malone-Key has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of South Florida. South Florida ranks 333rd in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.4 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Fairleigh Dickinson forces the 60th-most turnovers in the nation (22.4 percent).
Fairleigh Dickinson at South Florida Betting Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – South Florida, O/U – Over
- South Florida ranks 24th in rebounds per game (41.6) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 187th (34.5).
- The Bulls rank 58th in assists per game (14.8) while the Knights rank 125th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Fairleigh Dickinson averages 4.1 blocks per game, which is ranked 55th in the country. South Florida ranks 118th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- The Knights average 8.7 steals per game, which ranks 21st in the NCAA. The Bulls rank 120th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 48th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while South Florida ranks 118th (22.2).
- During their last five games, the Knights have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (5.4 below their season average).
- The Bulls’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.0, matching their season average.