The Wagner Seahawks (3-1) will be at home in Spiro Sports Center when they take on the Fairfield Stags (3-3). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Fairfield Stags at Wagner Seahawks Free Preview
The Stags lost a tough one against the Wright State Raiders in their last game, 57-56. Fairfield’s Jesus Cruz had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 5-for-6 shooting. Wright State did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (9-12; 75.0 percent). Fairfield, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 23.3).
In the Seahawks last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the Hartford Hawks, 72-50. Wagner rallied around JoJo Cooper, who recorded 13 points, eight assists and five rebounds. The Seahawks had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.458), while the Hawks had a turnover percentage of 20.7 (above their season average of 15.9).
Wagner figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Seahawks rank 44th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.470), while Fairfield is 175th in effective field goal percentage (0.509) dating back to last season.
The Stags won the lone contest against the Seahawks last season, 70-64. Fairfield was effective at getting and making free throws. The Stags made 24 of their 30 free throws (80.0 percent), while the Seahawks were just 7-14 (50.0 percent).
Fairfield Stags vs. Wagner Seahawks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wagner, ATS Winner – Wagner, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Stags rank 15th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Seahawks rank 47th (2.8).
- Fairfield ranks 224th in steals per game (5.5) while Wagner ranks 247th (5.2).
- Wagner averages 39.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 26th in the nation. Fairfield ranks 283rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- The Stags rank 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while the Seahawks rank 267th (18.5).
- Fairfield ranks 97th in assists per game (14.7) while Wagner ranks 309th (10.9).