MAAC foes will clash when the Rider Broncs (8-6, 1-1 MAAC) challenge the Fairfield Stags (6-7, 1-1 MAAC) at Alumni Gymnasium. Rider is a 7.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 156.5 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 5, 2018.
Fairfield Stags at Rider Broncs ATS Preview
The Stags lost a tough one against the Manhattan Jaspers in their last outing, 61-58. Jonathan Kasibabu had a good game for Fairfield, finishing with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Manhattan had a free throw rate of 0.326 (above their season average of 0.221). Fairfield, meanwhile, forced the Jaspers into a turnover percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 22.0).
In the Broncs last game, they dismantled the Niagara Purple Eagles, 99-76. With 18 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Jordan Allen led Rider in scoring. Rider dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 44.2 (above their season average of 32.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.567 (above their season average of 0.502). For those same stats, Niagara had marks of 27.9 and 0.419, respectively.
Rider appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Broncs currently rank 92nd in offensive efficiency, while Fairfield ranks 199th in defensive efficiency.
Both of these teams have typically gone over the O/U total. Fairfield games have finished over 55.6 percent of the time, while 80.0 percent of games featuring Rider have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Broncs have a significant advantage. They are 8-6 SU and 6-3-1 ATS, while the Stags are 6-7 SU and 5-4 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Stags won both meetings last season. In the last contest, Fairfield won 69-67. Fairfield had a much better turnover percentage (13.9 vs. 19.1). Rider, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.158 vs. 0.078).
Fairfield Stags at Rider Broncs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Fairfield, ATS Winner – Fairfield, O/U – Over
- The Broncs rank 38th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Stags rank 97th (6.4).
- Fairfield ranks 167th in assists per game (13.2) while Rider ranks 202nd in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- Fairfield is 2-4 ATS on the road, while Rider is 0-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 1 of the Broncs 1 home games, while 3 of the Stags 6 road games have gone over.
- Rider averages 40.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 32nd in the nation. Fairfield ranks 211th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Stags rank 50th in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while the Broncs rank 196th in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- Fairfield ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Rider ranks 168th (6.0).
- Rider is 2-1-1 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Fairfield is 2-1 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.
- The Broncs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Stags have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (4.5 below their season average).