The Holy Cross Crusaders (0-2) open their home schedule at Hart Recreation Center against the Fairfield Stags (0-2). The game starts at 7:05 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Fairfield Stags at Holy Cross Crusaders Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Crusaders were beaten by the New Hampshire Wildcats, 87-83, while the Stags lost a tough one against the Massachusetts Minutemen, 62-60.
Fairfield had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (21.9 vs. 13.3) while Holy Cross did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (21-26; 80.8 percent). Ryan Wade fueled Holy Cross with 24 points. Meanwhile, Fairfield was led by Jesus Cruz, who contributed 14 points, five rebounds and five assists.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams clash. Holy Cross ranks 321st in possessions per game (65.7) and Fairfield is 263rd (67.5) since last season. Ball security could be troublesome for the Stags. They rank 304th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.6 percent), while the Crusaders have forced the 43rd-most turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 21.5 percent).
Fairfield Stags vs. Holy Cross Crusaders Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Fairfield, ATS Winner – Fairfield, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Fairfield ranks 15th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Holy Cross ranks 230th (23.9).
- The Stags rank 123rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.2) while the Crusaders rank 249th (36.4).
- Holy Cross averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 77th in the country. Fairfield ranks 167th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Crusaders rank 36th in assists per game (15.5) while the Stags rank 199th (12.8).
- Holy Cross ranks 111th in blocks per game (3.7) while Fairfield ranks 261st (2.0).