The Fairfield Stags (9-14, 5-7 MAAC) will be at the McCann Center to take on the Marist Red Foxes (6-15, 5-7 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Fairfield Stags at Marist Red Foxes ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Red Foxes defeated the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 72-61, while the Stags lost big to the Iona Gaels, 78-54.
The Red Foxes forced 19 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.527 (above their season average of 0.448). Fairfield, meanwhile, forced Iona into a turnover percentage of 19.9 (above the 16.6 mark opponents have averaged against Fairfield this season). Jordan Jones played a key role for Marist with 18 points and five rebounds. Vincent Eze, meanwhile had a good outing for Fairfield, contributing 14 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Michael Cubbage led the Red Foxes to a 70-58 win. He produced 11 points and eight rebounds. Marist’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Red Foxes had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (26 vs. 23) and total rebounds (37 vs. 29).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams battle. Marist currently ranks 288th in possessions per game (67.1) and Fairfield is 344th (64.7).
Fairfield Stags vs. Marist Red Foxes Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Marist, ATS Winner – Fairfield, O/U – Over
- Fairfield ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while Marist ranks 172nd (35.7).
- The Red Foxes average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 86th in the NCAA. The Stags rank 102nd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Marist ranks 258th in assists per game (9.9) while Fairfield ranks 263rd (9.4).
- The Red Foxes rank 178th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while the Stags rank 298th (15.5).
- Marist ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Fairfield ranks 69th (3.0).
- The Stags’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Red Foxes have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (6.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (2.4 below their season average).