The UNI Panthers (23-5, 12-4 MVC) wrap up their home schedule at McLeod Center against the Evansville Aces (9-20, 0-16 MVC). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Evansville Aces at UNI Panthers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Panthers were victorious over the Southern Illinois Salukis, 64-52, while the Aces lost a winnable game to the Indiana State Sycamores, 64-62.
The Panthers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3, had an absurd mark of 43.6, while the Salukis had a turnover percentage of 17.4 (above the 14.0 mark opponents have averaged against UNI this season). Evansville, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (above their season average of 20.4). Austin Phyfe played a key role for UNI with 17 points, 18 rebounds and five assists. Evansville, meanwhile, received a boost from K.J. Riley, who had 15 points, five rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Phyfe led the Panthers to an 80-68 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 16 points. UNI was effective at getting and making free throws. The Panthers made 23 of their 28 free throws (82.1 percent), while the Aces were 13-16 (81.3 percent).
The productive offense of UNI will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Evansville. The Panthers rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while the Aces are 324th in defensive efficiency. The Panthers should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Aces, who rank 342nd in offensive rebounding percentage (20.8 percent), will face off against the Panthers, who rank 14th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.4 percent).
Evansville Aces vs. UNI Panthers ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Over
- UNI ranks 72nd in rebounds per game (37.6) while Evansville ranks 277th (31.8).
- The Panthers rank 27th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while the Aces rank 54th (11.2).
- UNI ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while Evansville ranks 27th (2.5).
- The Aces rank 13th in three pointers allowed per game (16.8) while the Panthers rank 162nd (21.9).
- Evansville ranks 44th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while UNI ranks 184th (7.2).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 10.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aces have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average).