The Evansville Aces (9-18, 0-14 MVC) travel to SIU Arena to square off with the Southern Illinois Salukis (15-12, 9-5 MVC). The Aces will attempt to put an end to their 14-game losing streak. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Evansville Aces vs. Southern Illinois Salukis Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Salukis lost a close one to the Bradley Braves, 69-67, while the Aces were beaten by the Drake Bulldogs, 85-80.
Evansville had a better turnover percentage (13.9 vs. 17.0) while Southern Illinois did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (12-16; 75.0 percent). Southern Illinois received a boost from Lance Jones, who recorded 19 points. Sam Cunliffe had a solid performance for Evansville, recording 25 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Marcus Domask led the Salukis to a 64-60 win. He produced 22 points and nine rebounds. The Salukis’ 30.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Aces, who had a mark of 20.0.
The offense of Evansville will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Southern Illinois. The Aces rank 263rd in offensive efficiency, while the Salukis are 77th in defensive efficiency. The Salukis should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Evansville Aces at Southern Illinois Salukis Betting Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Southern Illinois, ATS Winner – Southern Illinois, O/U – Under
- Southern Illinois ranks 124th in steals per game (6.5) while Evansville ranks 229th (4.8).
- The Aces rank 263rd in rebounds per game (32.0) while the Salukis rank 276th (30.8).
- The Aces rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Salukis rank 68th (2.9).
- Evansville ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.3) while Southern Illinois ranks 55th (19.3).
- During their last five games, the Aces have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average).
- The Salukis have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Southern Illinois has defeated opponents by an average of 1.7 points.