A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the Indiana State Sycamores (9-6, 2-2 MVC) when they square off with the Evansville Aces (9-8, 0-4 MVC) at Hulman Center. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Evansville Aces vs. Indiana State Sycamores ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Sycamores defeated the Illinois State Redbirds, 65-52, while the Aces lost big to the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, 78-44.
Indiana State played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.492 (below their season average of 0.541) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (above their season average of 22.4). Illinois State was 0.371 and 25.6, respectively, for those same stats. Evansville, meanwhile, held Loyola Chicago to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.8 (below their season average of 20.2). Jake LaRavia had a solid game for Indiana State with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Evansville, meanwhile, was lifted by Sam Cunliffe, who had 11 points.
The Sycamores dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent game, Indiana State won 85-62. One of Indiana State’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Evansville had 22. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Indiana State could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their sweet-shooting offense goes up against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Sycamores currently rank 41st in effective field goal percentage (0.538), while Evansville ranks 292nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.516).
Evansville Aces at Indiana State Sycamores Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Indiana State, ATS Winner – Indiana State, O/U – Under
- Evansville ranks 84th in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while Indiana State ranks 240th (18.7).
- The Sycamores rank 241st in rebounds per game (32.8) while the Aces rank 244th (32.7).
- The Aces rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Sycamores rank 84th (3.3).
- Evansville ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Indiana State ranks 20th (5.1).
- The Aces’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.4, up from 3.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sycamores have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (5.2 below their season average).