The William & Mary Tribe (20-10, 12-5 CAA) welcome the Elon Phoenix (11-19, 7-10 CAA) to Kaplan Arena as the regular season comes to a close. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Elon Phoenix at William & Mary Tribe ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Tribe were victorious over the James Madison Dukes, 78-74, while the Phoenix lost to the Towson Tigers, 84-71.
William & Mary dominated nearly every stat category in the contest. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.265 (above their season average of 0.214) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.663 (above their season average of 0.528). James Madison put up marks of 0.049 and 0.582, respectively, for those same stats. Elon, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 15.9). Luke Loewe fueled William & Mary with 27 points. Elon, meanwhile, received a boost from Marcus Sheffield II, who put up 18 points.
In their first matchup this season, Nathan Knight led the Tribe to a 74-73 win. He scored a game-high 25 points. William & Mary’s 0.255 free throw rate was their largest strength over Elon, who had a rate of 0.167.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. William & Mary currently ranks 280th in possessions per game (67.2) and Elon is 284th (67.1). Furthermore, put-back points figure to be tough to come by for the Phoenix. They rank 308th in the country in offensive rebounding percentage at 23.5 percent, while the Tribe are 28th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 76.7 percent).
Elon Phoenix vs. William & Mary Tribe Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Over
- Elon ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while William & Mary ranks 161st (21.7).
- The Tribe average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 58th in the country. The Phoenix rank 73rd in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Elon ranks 238th in steals per game (4.6) while William & Mary ranks 243rd (4.4).
- The Tribe rank 124th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Phoenix rank 247th (32.9).
- William & Mary ranks 106th in assists per game (13.6) while Elon ranks 139th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- The Tribe’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (3.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average).