The Elon Phoenix (10-18, 6-9 CAA) will be at the JMU Convocation Center to challenge the James Madison Dukes (9-16, 2-12 CAA) in a CAA matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Elon Phoenix at James Madison Dukes ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Dukes fell to the Towson Tigers, 63-48, while the Phoenix defeated the Drexel Dragons, 75-70.
The Phoenix had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 16.0) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.604 (above their season average of 0.498). James Madison, meanwhile, forced Towson into a turnover percentage of 18.4 (above the 14.6 mark opponents have averaged against James Madison this season). James Madison’s Matt Lewis played well, putting up 24 points. Elon was lifted by Marcus Sheffield II, who put up 24 points.
In their first matchup this year, Sheffield II led the Phoenix to an 82-73 victory. He produced 31 points and nine rebounds. The Phoenix’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Dukes. Elon had a rate of 10.0, while James Madison posted a mark of 16.1.
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Dukes (ranked 38th in the country in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Phoenix (265th in possessions per game).
Elon vs. James Madison ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – James Madison, ATS Winner – James Madison, O/U – Under
- Elon averages 27.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 17th in the country. James Madison ranks 269th in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Phoenix rank 120th in assists per game (13.4) while the Dukes rank 210th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Dukes rank 41st in rebounds per game (38.9) while the Phoenix rank 242nd (33.0).
- James Madison ranks 123rd in steals per game (6.5) while Elon ranks 227th (4.8).
- The Phoenix have outscored opponents by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Elon has been defeated by an average of 3.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Dukes have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (1.6 below their season average).