The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-0) get their home schedule underway at McCamish Pavilion against the Elon Phoenix (2-0). The game begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 11, 2019.
Elon Phoenix at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Yellow Jackets barely escaped the North Carolina State Wolfpack 82-81, while the Phoenix dismantled the Milligan Buffaloes 95-54.
Elon played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.566. For those same stats, Milligan put up marks of 8.9 and 0.352, respectively. Meanwhile, Georgia Tech’s 0.541 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over North Carolina State, who had a mark of 0.430. Georgia Tech’s James Banks III played well, finishing with 20 points, 13 rebounds and five blocks. Marcus Sheffield played a key role for Elon with 11 points, 11 assists and six rebounds.
Elon might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the country’s best defenses. Georgia Tech ranks 70th in defensive efficiency, while the Phoenix rank 196th in offensive efficiency since the 2018-19 season.
Elon at Georgia Tech Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Georgia Tech, ATS Winner – Georgia Tech, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Elon ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while Georgia Tech ranks 303rd (18.0).
- The Phoenix average 15.1 assists per game, which ranks 49th in the nation. The Yellow Jackets rank 223rd in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Elon ranks 191st in rebounds per game (34.9) while Georgia Tech ranks 245th (33.6).
- The Yellow Jackets rank seventh in blocks per game (5.3) while the Phoenix rank 264th (2.0).
- Georgia Tech ranks 81st in steals per game (7.0) while Elon ranks 284th (4.4).