The No. 1 Duke Blue Devils and Elon Phoenix will face off at Cameron Indoor Stadium to open their seasons. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 155.5 points with Duke set as an 18.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Elon Phoenix at Duke Blue Devils Odds Preview
Duke made it to the Second Round last season as a two seed in the tournament, where the South Carolina Gamecocks defeated them. In the regular season, the Blue Devils went 27-8. Elon, meanwhile, was unable reach the tournament following an 18-14 regular season.
Duke should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. In the 2016-17 season, Duke ranked 43rd in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while Elon forced the 19th-fewest turnovers (15.7 percent).
The Phoenix were 18-14 straight up (SU) and 17-11 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Elon’s 28 games with betting action last year, 16 finished under the O/U total.
The Blue Devils had an excellent 27-8 SU record last season, but struggled covering the spread (16-19-1 ATS). Duke games had no tendency in regards to the projected point total as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
The Blue Devils won the lone game against the Phoenix last season, 72-61. Duke had a much better turnover percentage (5.1 vs. 21.0). Elon, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.467 vs. 0.405).
Elon Phoenix vs. Duke Blue Devils Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Duke, ATS Winner – Elon, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blue Devils rank 12th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Phoenix rank 117th (6.0).
- Elon ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (11.0) while Duke ranks 77th (12.1).
- Duke ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.3) while Elon ranks 288th (24.6).
- The Blue Devils rank 41st in blocks per game (4.6) while the Phoenix rank 238th (2.4).
- Duke ranks 93rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.6) while Elon ranks 267th (37.6).