The Canisius Golden Griffins (4-7) will be at home in Koessler Athletic Center when they go head-to-head against the Elon Phoenix (7-4). Canisius is a 1-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 140.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Elon Phoenix vs. Canisius Golden Griffins Betting Preview
In the Phoenix’s last outing, they were victorious over the Boston University Terriers, 77-69. Steven Santa Ana was Elon’s leading scorer with 19 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Elon dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.140 (below their season average of 0.174) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.605 (above their season average of 0.519). For those same stats, Boston University was 0.097 and 0.508, respectively.
The Golden Griffins are trying to rebound after their 68-65 loss to the Albany Great Danes in their last outing. Isaiah Reese was Canisius high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Albany did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-20; 70.0 percent). Canisius, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 13.5 (better than their season average of 21.1).
Points at the line might be hard to find for Canisius in this meeting. The Golden Griffins currently rank 320th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.180, while Elon ranks first in FTA rate allowed (0.090).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Elon have finished over 71.4 percent of the time, while 80.0 percent of Canisius games have gone under. The Phoenix have the superior straight up (SU) record (7-4 vs. 4-7), but the Golden Griffins hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (6-4 vs. 1-6).
Jermaine Crumpton has been exceptional over the last five games for Canisius, averaging 17.0 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.
Elon Phoenix vs. Canisius Golden Griffins Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Elon, ATS Winner – Elon, O/U – Over
- The Golden Griffins allow the 14th-fewest blocks per game (2.0) while the Phoenix rank 45th (2.7).
- Canisius ranks 15th in three pointers allowed per game (17.0) while Elon ranks 261st (30.2).
- The Phoenix rank 39th in rebounds per game (39.8) while the Golden Griffins rank 242nd (32.0).
- Canisius averages 16.5 assists per game, which ranks 42nd in the NCAA. Elon ranks 105th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- The Golden Griffins average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (1.3 below their season average).